Eyeballs are drawn to video like bees to honey. Not only that, interesting video content can generate a healthy amount of link juice and serve as a portal to your website. Let’s say you have a great video that you’re proud of, but you’re not sure how to optimize your opus to maximize exposure. Well, just like any content on the Internet, you’ll have to make it findable for the SERPs. But where to start? Check out this recent post on iMediaConnection for 10 SEO tips for YouTube. Good advice if you are going the YouTube route. But is YouTube the best way to publish? Third party sites like YouTube can get you the exposure you may want, but this angle may not be right for everyone. It really comes down to what the strategy for your video is. Step one is to figure out what you want the end result of your video to be. Are you driving traffic to your site? Or are you creating an online reputation for yourself?
Some things to consider when optimizing your video content:
- Have a keyword strategy and tag your video with meta data,
- Transcribe your video in text format so it can be seen by meta crawlers
- Understand the effect of your hosting options (on your site vs. sites like YouTube)
- Craft a catchy title to lure in viewers
- Time your videos for short attention spans
- Allow users to share and spread your video by offering the option to embed and rate your video
- Brand your video with a logo watermark
To get a better understanding of publishing options and Tips for Optimizing Online Video Content, click on the video below that comes to us via SEOmozBlog’s Whitebroard Friday. Enjoy.
Leave a Reply