It’s a long weekend for some lucky folks. And for the rest of us? Not so much. Either way, our five things you might have missed list will help you stay informed and entertained on the latest happenings from the world of content marketing.
1. We Have No Lives: File this study under “D” for “Duh.” A new eMarketer report finds that Americans spend a whopping 23 hours a week emailing, texting and using social media. According to Mashable, the study found that “more than 75 percent of users checked email, texts, Facebook and Instagram at least one time a day.” The study found email to be the biggest time consumer, with respondents admitting they spend up to 8 hours a day checking and sending email. So by all means, if you’re considering email marketing, go for it. Go ahead. Yes, now. We’ll wait.
2. The Rest of Our Time is Spent Watching Cat Videos: Cat food and treat maker Friskies has taken the planet’s cat video obsession one step further and created an awards ceremony. Think of it as the Oscars of cat videos, The Friskies look to award viral videos that feature our furry friends. It’s a brilliant campaign that not only creates new viral content but traction for a brand cat lovers already know.
3. Blogging the Demise: Usually, we see brands employing blog creation to get folks excited about their company. But this anonymous blogger is chronicling the failure of his startup company in a Tumblr entitled “My Startup Has 30 Days to Live.” The author’s name checking of Silicon Valley bigwigs coupled with the intimate details of a collapsing Internet company have blog readers and the media fascinated.
4. Sweet Success: On the other end of the startup spectrum is Candy Crush, that crazy game everyone everywhere seems to be playing. This profile of the smash hit from ReadWrite.com is sure to inspire mobile game developers and amateur branding experts everywhere.
5. That’s a Rap: We thought we’d close out our list this week with a video currently blowing up YouTube. Here’s that bridesmaid who shows off mad rapping skills in her toast to the bride and groom to the tune of Eminem’s “Without You.” Just because.
Leave a Reply